Planning on becoming PCI compliant? Interested in knowing how much does it cost to become PCI compliant? You have come to the right place! Discover everything you need to know!
Each company that focuses on achieving PCI compliance has a common concern – how much does it cost to become PCI compliant? What will be the total cost of the whole PCI compliance process?
You need to keep in mind that calculating the exact cost of PCI compliance is not a simple thing to do. It demands a total understanding of the PCI DSS or Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the scope of work involved, and the variables included in the same process. Besides this, the PCI compliance cost may vary from one merchant to another and may depend on the annual transactions per credit card brand, the nature of the business, the card storage, the IT infrastructure, the processing methods, and etc. All these factors affect the total PCI compliance cost.
So, what can you possibly do to calculate the cost?
You can create a checklist that can help you determine the correct PCI compliance cost. Here is how you can do that:
- Create a thorough understanding of the processing, storing, and transmitting credit card data. The credit card data scanning techniques and tools can help you establishing the areas that contain the data and the processes that are included in credit card transactions throughout the business company.
- Upgrade the network diagram to make sure that none of the credit card data goes unknown. The network diagram should include switches, firewalls, routers, server, intrusion detection systems, laptops, mobile devices, desktop computers, and etc.
- Make a list of all data flows in your business company. Ensure that none of the data flows are left out.
- Create a list of all the company’s assets such as applications and files, systems, databases, and etc.
- Make a list of the people who are indirectly or directly involved in handling the credit card data.
- Make a list of the third parties that are related to the credit card data environment – the POS maintenance vendors, web hosting providers, the transaction processors, and etc.
- Make sure that you have created a security policy that encompasses all the security factors of the business company such as password control policy, access control policy, document security, and etc.
This checklist will help you determine the PCI compliance cost.
Other articles than can be interesting for you:
- How to Maximize Ecommerce Conversion Rate: Optimize These 3 Things
- 9 Quick Ways to Increase Your E-Commerce Conversion Rate
— PCI Telecom (@pcitelecom) 28 de marzo de 2017